Monday 14 February 2011

Date with the Scales


Weightwatchers Thursday

I first started Weightwatchers in April 2009 when I saw this picture:

...and hated the sight of my arm! Sounds silly I know - it's just one picture of one arm - but after a year in halls living off microwave packeted cheese and brocolli pasta (you know the one) and weekends full of baking cheesecakes, I was unhappy and wanted to do something about it.

I started the journey at 10st 7lbs and made a habit of going every week along with my mum and two best friends. It was a big challenge, but a lot of fun and made a lot easier by everyone doing it together.

I reached my goal of 9st 5lbs in October 2009 and managed to keep it off all of the way through Christmas. But I stopped attended classes and over the next year, managed to get back up to 10st. So I decided four weeks ago that it was back to Weightwatchers I went, determined to get back down to goal and this time keep it that way.

I lost 2.5lbs in my first week on the new ProPoints plan, and thought it was the easiest thing since sliced bread. However it only took two weeks for my excitement and determination to diminish, and after losing 0.5lb in my second week I managed to gain 1lb in my third.

This Thursday I lost 1.5lb and feel as though I'm back on track to getting to goal. It may only be a 3lb loss but with another 4lbs to go and a whole load of new recipes (AND CAKES) to try out, I'm loving it.

I plan to keep a track of how I've been doing. So if I go pretty quiet on the Weightwatchers front, you know I've been reaching for the biscuit tin....................

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment